Monday 14 November 2011

Do you have a passion?

I decided to broach this crossroad subject and feeling with my sisters; surely they would have an opinion.  Now to give you a little bit of background about ‘the sisters’, they’re never short of an opinion or of sharing this.  Now don’t get me wrong…I’m exactly the same J.  Another piece of information about the ‘sisters’ is that we’re not real deep.  When I talked about crossroads, is this it, finding a different path, I kind of got a weird look and was promptly told “geez that’s a bit deep isn’t it”?

When my big sis (Shell Bell) asked me a bit more about my thinking, I mainly spoke about wanting to be doing something I was more passionate about.  I want to be inspired and engaged in what I’m doing.  And not asking too much, I want this in my personal life and my work life.  Her response, “but you love your job”.  I ponder this statement now as I’m writing….At the time I said ‘yes’ I do and thinking about it now I do really like my job.  But is this enough?  We spend so much of our adult life working, why can’t I have passion and be inspired with my work?  When talking on this topic with my husband (Stephen) he is very much of the view that ‘we work to live’, it’s all about what we do outside of work.  But I really love immersing myself into my work; it’s a huge part of my life.  I want to be passionate about my work and be inspired by what I’m doing. 

So my question to you; is anyone out there really passionate about what they’re doing, are you inspired???  I would love to hear about your passion!

1 comment:

  1. Mel life is too short to not be working your passion...find it and do it! Don't grow old wondering what if!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.