Monday 23 January 2012

Draw Happy

I’ve taken the plunge and signed up for an online drawing course.  It’s by an Australian artist named Jane Davenport.  If I’m brave enough I might even share some of my drawings here, but we’ll see.

One of the first things that Jane asks us to do is to keep an Art Journal.  I’ve never had an art journal before, but I am looking forward to doodling in it and filling the pages.  It doesn’t have to be perfect and I don’t have to show it to anyone else.  But it’s a place for me to explore my ideas, practice techniques and improve my drawing.  Does anyone else keep an art journal?  What types of things do you keep in there?

2 comments:

  1. Be brave and share! It would be great to see an initial drawing and then a few along the way to demonstrate your learning and show your growth. I'll be expecting some more advanced versions of ;-) :-) and :-( now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes all very convincing arguments for getting me to share, maybe soon! So how about :-D.....

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.